Do you have sensitive or dry skin? Take this quiz to find out and determine your skin type.
1. What is your skin like when you first wake up?
a. Normal – very little change from the night before.
b. Tight and flaky.
c. Oily all over.
d. Red and blotchy.
2. After you wash your face, wait 15-20 minutes. What is your skin like then?
a. Comfortable – not too oily and not too tight.
b. Very tight and dull looking.
c. Oily around the nose, forehead, chin and spreading to the cheek area.
d. Red and itchy.
Still not sure take a piece of a brown paper bag. Tear 3 section apply the paper to your forehead and t-zones. Do not use the same section of paper on the skin.
A. Oily. B. Nothing. A little oily. Where did the oily come from? You may have combination.
3. The pores on your face are ________
a. A little noticeable around the nose.
b. Barely noticeable, if at all.
c. Large and noticeable with blackheads, especially around the nose then spreading to the cheeks.
4. I would describe the condition of my skin as ________
a. Pretty good – sometimes a little oily around the t-zone & sometimes a little dry in the cheek area.
b. Uncomfortable – dull, itchy, flaky.
c. Problematic – tends to breakout often and is flaky at times. d. Challenging – I have bad reactions to products often, gets red and blotchy with certain food & beverages that I consume, etc.
* If you answered mainly “a”, then you have normal or combination skin
* If you answered mainly “b”, then you have dry to very dry skin
* If you answered mainly “c”, then you have oily skin
* If you answered mainly “d”, then you have sensitive skin.
Sources: skin savers and fukkard