Mar 24, 2010

Valentine Cupcakes Part 1


Just took these yummy homemade cupcakes out of the oven. Next I will let them cool and finish off with sweet butter cream or vanilla icing. The baking directions below are not the exact recipe I used, but I thought this one would be a lot quicker and simpler. Since I tend to make all mine homemade from scratch. With all the moms with busy hectic lives I thought you may want to give this recipe a try.

I can't remember where I got this recipe but I believe it was on the back of a cake mix box. So it is not completely original thought I added a few of my own ideas to better suit the taste of my readers as well as myself.

Here's a picture of my cupcakes. Decorated in with homemade pink and white icing. I made mine out of cake flour. You can substitute with angle food mix or vanilla cake mix if you plan on adding fruit toppings. Now all of these cupcake I made and took pictures of was made from scratch and not a pre-mixed base.

My cupcakes are moist and delicious everyone loves my cupcakes, pies, cakes and chocolate turtles. I will have to add my turtles candy, valentine cookies and muffins at a later date. So please continue to read so you don't miss a thing.

A low fat version quicker and simpler version my cupcakes can be made with pre-box Angel Food Cake Mix. All you should need is water or/and milk. This can make up to 30 cupcakes.

Ingredients

  • 1 Package of angel food cake mix or vanilla
  • 2 tsp of almond extract (optional)
  • strawberries
  • butter cream or chocolate frosting
  • 1 1/4 cups cold water (or substitute half with milk)
  • Whip Cream (optional)

Directions

  1. Preheat oven 350 to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Depending on your oven settings.
  2. Line a 12 cup muffin tin with paper bake cups.
  3. Prepare batter as directed on the box.
  4. Fill muffin cups 3/4 or 2/3 full.
  5. Bake for 14 to 20 minutes, or until tops are golden brown. (each oven may vary).

This was so easy to make and fast. They are great with strawberries, vanilla, butter cream or chocolate frosting. When adding 2 tsp of almond extract add to the batter and topped with just a little vanilla icing when cooled.

I filled the cups 3/4 full and they came out fine. Be careful to not let the cupcakes to overflow so you can use less. Keep the batter refrigerated between baking. I baked for about 14 minutes until the tops were golden. You may want to watch them the first time you make the cupcakes as each oven temperature varies in time. It made about 30 good sized cup cakes for me. I frosted with homemade whip cream but you can use cool whip. You may add sliced strawberry's on top.

A lot of variations can be made with this recipe - Use could add mandarin orange segments and substitute half the water for the liquid in the can. You could add many extracts and food coloring to create a tie-dye effect. Perhaps add sprinkles, homemade frosting and sugar glazed strawberries.

I know I have been posting mostly (a lot) of food post as of lately. I will add more fashion, makeup tips and jewelry (how to make) techniques soon. Don't miss some personal pictures of my dog, mom and me soon.

Use a very large bowl because the mix expands like crazy. Give the mix some time to settle before putting it into the baking cups (otherwise you will get some with too much air and they come out looking like a deflated souffle). Angel food cupcakes tend to be rather delicate compare to using regular cake mix when coming out of the pan.

Serving: Makes about 2 to 3 dozen. I put whipped cream only on mine. Everyone loved them.

All images used are mine and mine alone. My cupcakes make about 20.

©2010 Copyright Protected That Girls Bath & Body (thatgirlsbathandbody.blogspot.com, owner and editors). All Rights Reserved.

No comments: