Mar 25, 2010

Banana Cream Pie








This banana cream pie recipe makes 1 pie. I decided to make a banana cream pie a few months ago and finally got the chance to post this blog. My picture is featured above.

Now I know many recipes on the net are made with vanilla or banana flavored pudding mix. Used alone or along with real bananas and artificial ingredients. Some add nuts, other fruit toppings or even baked Alaskan style.

If you would like you can use pudding mix in place of one of the ingredients or add. I hope you enjoy and leave you comments. Many types of banana pies. Here's just one of my original recipes.

  • 1 - 9 inch pie crust, baked
  • 3 medium Bananas
  • Homemade sweetened condensed milk or 1 can
  • 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract and lemon juice
  • 1 8oz package of cream cheese
If you would like to add sugar to make it more sweet that is fine. Just remember that the you may want to use unsweetened condensed milk instead. This recipe is semi-homemade. You can of course make it more handmade by changing the ingredients around or quicker buy a pre-made crust. I made my banana pie with mostly handmade (by myself) and made the crust and whip cream myself.

If I was making this pie for anyone other than my family or selling the pie I would wear protective gloves even though I have freshly clean hands. Why am I using a baked crust? A baked crust is crispier, however chilled crusts are quicker to make.

Instructions : Bake pie shell. Slice two of the bananas; arrange in pie shell. Beat cream cheese in pie shell. Beat cream cheese in small bowl on medium speed until light and fluffy. Gradually beat in milk until well blended. Beat in lemon juice and vanilla. Pour into pie shell. Refrigerate for 2 hours. Slice the remaining banana; arrange on pie and top with homemade whipped cream.
Garnished the top with remaining bananas, or add a cherry, almonds, crumble crust on top and whipped cream. Whip cream can be added on the side or just around the edges.

Optional you can replace certain above ingredients above with list below

Ingredients

  • 2 1/2 cups cold milk replace condense milk
  • 2 (3.5 ounce) packages instant vanilla pudding mix replace cream cheese
  • 2 cups frozen whipped topping, thawed replace homemade whip cream.
  • Strawberries or nuts replace banana topping.

Directions

  1. Slice 2 of the bananas and arrange in bottom of baked and cooled pastry shell.
  2. Pour cold milk into a medium bowl. Add pudding mix and whisk until thoroughly combined. Fold in 1/2 cup of the whipped topping. Pour into pastry shell.
  3. Chill at least 3 hours before serving. Garnish with remaining whipped topping and slices of the remaining banana.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Image I am temporarily using is from about recipes. The top picture is my own image and is copyright protected.

Thank you so very much for visiting me ~ and thank you too for taking the time to say hello. xoxo Deb

©2010 That Girls Bath & Body (thatgirlsbathandbody.blogspot.com owner, operator, editors and contributors). Copyright Protected. All Rights Reserved. Don't use any of my images or text without linking to this blog given me credit and have my written permission.

No comments: