Ingredients such as Shea butter, olive oil and kosher glycerin act as gentle moisturizers which coat and protect the skin, while SSL Free products gently cleanses without over-drying. Examples: That Girl's Bath and Body kosher vegetable glycerin soap, goat's milk soap or our Facial Cream Cleanser. Cream cleanser are best for dry skin and not gels which are better for oily skin.
Look for facial cleansers, which contain benzyl peroxide and salicylic acids. Natural alternatives can be green tea, tea tree oil, lavender, baking soda and much more. These ingredients help to wash away stubborn oils, plus they act as an anti-bacterial to protect your skin against inflammation and break-outs. Examples: That Girl's Facial Cleanser, Basis Clear Glycerin Bar and tea tree oil soap.
Look for ingredients like Aloe Vera, glycerin, lavender, sweet almond oil, and chamomile. They can help soothe sensitive skin without causing irritation. If your allergic to nuts you should not use almond oil. Examples: That Girl's Facial Wash, That Girl's Lavender & Oatmeal Soap.
• DON'T CLEANSE TOO OFTEN: Wash your face no more than twice a day. Cleansing too often will only make dry skin drier and oily skin more oily.
• DON'T USE TOO MUCH CLEANSER: Dilute your cleanser with enough water when you wash... The less concentrated your cleanser, the more gentle it will be.
• DON'T USE CLEANSERS CONTAINING ALCOHOL: Using toners and astringents may feel wonderful, but over-using these will irritate your skin!
• DON'T OVER-SCRUB : Too much scrubbing will make your skin dull and flaky. Avoid abrasive facial pads and facial scrubs.
• DON'T UNDER-RINSE: Facial cleansers can leave an invisible
residue behind which can clog your pores. Rinse three times, then rinse again!